REFLEXOLOGY: A HEALING TOUCH
Reflexology is a method for activating the healing powers of the body. It is a rejuvenating technique used on the hands and feet to relieve stress and pain of the body. There are thousands of nerve endings in the hands and feet that corresponds to every part of the body. Through the stimulation of nerve endings, the body’s own pain killers, known as endorphins are released.
When we feel pain it’s natural to rub the place that hurts. By rubbing our sore muscles or pressing our aching feet, we are instinctively bringing about a physical reaction that will correct the underlying disorder. This in effect, is an attempt of body manipulation, commonly referred to as reflexology.
There is a power and subtle healing quality from the skilled application of touch that cannot be equated to any machine. A good therapeutic Reflexology session consists of sensitivity, warmth and sharing.
Touching is an intimate act. When we touch another person something special happens. A relationship begins. When we reach out to each other our relationship grows. Reflexology offers the perfect opportunity for giving the gift of ourselves in a way that brings health and wellness to those we care about.
REFLEXOLOGY A SCIENCE AND ART
Reflexology is both a science and an art. In science Reflexology requires careful study through faithful practice based on sound knowledge of techniques and skills. As a healing art Reflexology yields the best result when administered with dedication, patience, focused intention and above all loving care.
There are many benefits that can be received from a Reflexology session:
- Reduces stress and induces deep relaxation. When we don’t handle stress well the body’s defenses break down and we become more susceptible to illness and disease.
- Improves circulation by reducing stress and tension; therefore, allowing the miles of cardiovascular vessels to move the flow of blood naturally and easily.
- Cleanses the body of toxins and impurities with its built-in mechanism for cleansing itself, through the lymph nodes, the kidney, the colon, and the skin. When functioning improperly or blocked, toxins and waste matters builds up. Through relaxing the nerve endings of the feet and hands toxic deposits are loosen in the corresponding body organs and systems.
Frequent reflexology sessions are like tuning up the body, which keeps it running harmoniously. This allows the body to function according to its own laws and purpose.
REFLEXOLOGY AS A PREVENTIVE HEALTHCARE TOOL
- Preventive health care is very important and involves maintaining a healthy mind, body and spirit. In this day and time, the environment of stress, fatigue, chemical additives in food, radioactivity, water, and air pollution, to name a few, are detriments to a healthy body.
Our immune system is taking a serious beating in its attempt to successfully manage the stressful situation of daily life. Reflexology helps to bolster the immune system to function at its peak. When the body is well balance it is in optimal condition to fight off illness.
- Reflexology stimulates creativity and productivity. By reducing tensions and calming the mind, it opens the door to the development of a positive and productive mental attitude.
This is a healing tool in self confidence that opens the door to achieve and accomplish desired goals and tasks.
REFLEXOLOGY AND THE POWER OF TOUCH
Pamper your “hard working body” with a “loving hand and foot reflexology session”. It’s an experience you will cherish. Your feet and hands will say “Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!!